Mandatory squad events are events that all squad members are required to attend. Real life does come first, so if you cannot make it to one to a mandatory squad event, let your squad leader know and you will be excused. A list of mandatory squad events are as follows:
• Intra-squad events are events within a single squad. An example would be squad practices.
• Squads leadership must plan one mandatory intra-squad event per week. Squads leadership may exceed this limit with the permission of their immediate superior.
• Squad leadership is allowed plan one optional intra-squad event a week, and more with the consent of their squad members. These events will not count against your activity requirements.
• Intra-squad events times may not exceed one hour and thirty minutes.
• Intra-squad events must start at a reasonable time for all members, regardless of time zone. Reasonable times are considered to be no earlier than 3:00 PM and no later than 8:00 PM from Monday to Thursday, no earlier than 3:00 PM and no later than 10:00 PM on Fridays, no earlier than 10:00 AM and no later than 10:00 PM on Saturdays, and no earlier than 10:00 AM and no later than 8:00 PM on Sundays. Individual members may waive these times, but only for themselves and only if they want to.
You have a right as a member of the United Armed Forces to be in a squad that conforms to your time zone's reasonable times as outlined above, if possible.
• Inter-squad events are mandatory, organized events within a platoon or division that include multiple squads. These types of events may only be organized by or with the permission of the platoon commander or division commander of the inovled squads.